Sunday, September 6, 2009

Summer time summary :)


Hello :) It has been quite sometime since I've been able to sit down and blog, and I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon than typing out the details of my life for all to see! Mmk, so here is a super quick run down of where I've been and what I've done since my last blog post. Are you ready for this? na na na na

1) I visited my dear friend Julie Farrell in the beautiful mountains of Ramah New Mexico. During my week with her there, I read, rode horses, rode quads, went for long walks, and trained her adorable mini pony (Cody) how to pull a cart! It was a wonderful week!

2) A week after that, I had a cavity filled (ew ew). I then proceeded to bite a nasty, bloody, hole into the side of my cheek... apparently that numbing stuff does wonders! I was biting my cheek and didn't even know it until the blood came pouring down.

3) A few days after that lovely experience, I flew out to San Jose, CA to meet up with my brother and grandpa! We left from San Jose on Saturday, August 1st. Our road trip took us through Northern California, up on the West side of the Cascades in Oregon, to Seattle (I definitely rode up to the top of the space needle :)). And from there, we drove up to Vancouver, over to Banff -which is literally the most breath taking place I've ever ever ever been! Seriously, seriously (check out the picture! It would make for the most adorable romantic getaway! No joke guys, I'm being serious!!! Ah ha) - then down to Montana, where we went white water rafting, and I jumped out of the boat into glacier run off (52 degrees) just because I could... :) Then we traveled through Idaho, where we met up with our beautiful WA family, over further West to Wenatchee (apple capitol of the world), down the East side of the Cascades, through Crater lake (OR), and back down to San Jose. It was the trip of a lifetime, and I have a whole blog written up about the life lessons I learned on the open road... really, they were just lessons learned from grandpa!

4) After flying home on the 10th, my mom, brother and I worked like crazy people to pull together the finishing details for my dad's surprise party. Needless to say, things went off without a hitch on August 12th, and he was delightfully surprised, and surrounded by his favorite Buzzard Bait guys!

5) I then enjoyed one last week of freedom before... get it: I started NURSING SCHOOL! woot woot :) I have already finished 2 weeks, and it has been amazing! So, so fun and absolutely thrilling!

And that brings me to where I am today. These were the events that have happened since my last blog post, but the affect of these experiences on my heart is a totally different story (one for my next blog posting)! So for the sake of your eyes, I'll end this blog here (if I wrote everything I want to say, I'd be exceeding a few dozen pages... so I'm trying to think in baby steps). If you get nothing else from my blog, get this... life is a grand adventure, and I wholly believe that's the way God intended it to be :) Peace and love because of Jesus, <3 Kel
P.S. The next blog will come tomorrow... details of the heart will be my topic ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment