Friday, January 29, 2010

Fight.


Written 2 nights ago: So I really shouldn't be doing this right now. I've been in class ALL day (from 7:30-4), then I migrated to the hospital to pick out my patient for tomorrow, and now... I'm on the couch, in the front room of the main house, putting off the hour’s worth of homework that I know is still ahead of me. So, I'll make my points quick.

I have a friend. Her name is Grace. I love her. Grace is me. Literally. At the beginning of this year, I made Grace a poster to put in her room. It was full of truth and on the back, I wrote out a verse that I claimed as her life verse (and mine too!) for 2010.

It comes from Ephesians. "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints..."

I have a lot of thoughts about this, but I'll keep them short. Essentially, I have been far more perceptive into reality as of late. I am stating to recognize that I do not fight again flesh, rather my daily battles are spiritual. It is because of this, satan's constant attempt to take ground in my life, that I find it essential to surround myself in truth. Truth is, I am victorious. Truth is, I am a threat. Anyone who is perceptive to the prompts God puts on their heart, and is obedient to act them out, is a live threat to the schemes of satan. Truth is, my shield of faith can extinguish ALL of the flaming darts of the evil one. In this, my soul finds rest.

This was really my purpose in writing this blog... On Monday, I found my new Monday night activity. I had heard about a prayer and worship meeting on Monday's at ASU Main, and decided to carve some time out of my busy life to attend. I walked in and felt at home. Imagine 40-or so other believes, all passionate about Onething. The passion their hearts exuded made my heart feel like a lawn gnome. How encouraging it was to be surrounded by the body! And more than that, this manifestation of the body was composed of people my age, and they were captivated. It was beautiful really. I left with the cup of my heart spilling over. I've come to realize that we are created for one purpose. To worship. Both in this life and in the next, our day, our actions, our plans are meant to be forms of worship -- fragrant aromas -- to our Father. If you are reading this, it means that you (yes, YOU!) need to come. Monday night (every Monday night), from 7-9 at Danforth Chapel on ASU Main, there's a worship and prayer night. Come expectant.

This Monday night, while submersed in worship, the leader felt like we needed to break into groups and pray for each other. The scripture with which he felt prompted to pray over us with was none other than Ephesians 6. :) Yeah, my God is BIG. And He cares. I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment