Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Everything sharp.


Geepers! I don't know what it is about sharp objects, but they have been attracted to my feet all day today! Point in case: a serrated knife early this morning and just now by my favorite pair of red scissors. Traitor. I have so much going on that I feel like my own thoughts are too loud for my head. I suppose that's why I'm blogging.

Tomorrow is day one for patient interaction at a Psych facility. I am excited. The thing we have been learning in class lately is that everyone has fundamental needs that they are searching to meet. An example of one need would be the need to belong. I rolled my eyes during that portion of the lecture thinking that CLEARLY that didn't apply to me... but then I realized that while I was feeding my addiction of Green Tea, at The Coffee Shop in Agritopia this weekend, I wasn't necessarily going to the Coffee Shop just for their green tea... I go to the Coffee Shop because people know me, they know that I get the exact same thing EVERY single time I go in there, and for $2.32 I feel a sense of belongingness (yes, I just made up my own word). With that being said, I have been recognizing that the fundamental needs people are searching to obtain can be found -- met in full -- in the life and blood of Jesus. Indeed I roll my eyes, not because the need to belong doesn't apply to me, but when I later scrutinized why I had such an odd reaction to that lecture, I realized that it is because I am secure in who I belong to. I am confident in this: that Jesus Christ died for me yet while I was I sinner, meaning that HE found worth in ME and wanted me more than life itself. If that isn't evidence enough that I belong, and not just lightly, but feet planted, solid rock, firmly, securely belong, then I don't know what is. Truth be told, He loves me. Truth be told, I am now a partaker with Him in His divine nature. I am not empty, but spilling over. I am not alone, but alive with Christ. I am a partaker at the table of God because the blood of Jesus is enough.

That was a tangit. But nevertheless how I'm feeling. How fortunate am I? In other news, I have less than $500 dollars to go before my trip to Malawi is covered in full! Between now and then, I have 4 tests, 3 papers, 2 careplans, 2 rapid critical appraisals, 2 evaluation tables, 1 synthesis table, 6 quizzes, 10 case studies, 1 ethical presentation and a whole heck-a lot of reading to do (and that's just off the top of my mind). On that note, I should probably go back to taking the test for my certificate in research. I don't even like researching. Sleep sounds better :)

Song of the week:
You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be tears in the night
But joy comes in the morning

If you were here right now, I would sing it to you. It is lovely, really. Lastly, I included my favorite picture of the week (this one's for you mom ;). I should do this every week. This is probably the most accurate picture depicting the relationship I have with Noah (despite the fact that I really do resemble pork). Noah is my Burger Time partner in crime, dance accomplice, inspirational quoter, best bud. We have fuun together. Today, we started a 2 Peter 1:5 challenge. There are 7 people in our house, and 2 Peter 1:5 includes 7 character qualities. Paul said that if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. So with that in mind, I made 7 note cards -- one with each attribute (in cute writings with multicolored sharpies of course!) and included the definition of the attribute on each card. I then distributed them at random to every member in the house. Tomorrow's goal: work on Self Control and come home ready to share one story at the dinner table. My heart is full. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment