Monday, October 4, 2010

Bucket List


(Chompey, my favorite dog)

I am a perpetual dreamer. Yes, ask anyone who knows me well, and they will attest to this fact. Some may find this portion of me rather annoying, but dreaming is what keeps me excited, focused, in the present moment. Point in case: Community Health. That class has potential to be rather boring, but instead of tuning out completely, I let my mind wander to exciting new places... like working for the World Health Organization. Well, at least that's where my mind took me today!

On that note, for the past while I have been keeping track of my rather precious dreams and have decided --just now-- to share them.

Things I wish to accomplish in my lifetime:
*Build and plant a successful garden, a square foot garden
*Learn how to cut hair, and well
*Buy a nice camera and learn how to take quality pictures
*Learn how to work on cars
*Learn how to play the guitar and take voice lessons -- learn how to harmonize
*Become fluent in a foreign language (Which might just happen this summer -- Check it out here)
*Get my International Drivers License
*Study HIV/AIDS -- Stanford's program?
*Staff for a summer at Hume Lake (Which might just happen this summer)
*Learn how to shoe a horse
*Own a Rhodesian Ridegeback (here)
*Start a Home-Based Care program in the US
*Be a foster parent (here)
*Work with the homeless
*Get my Masters in something cool like this
*Doctors Without Borders (looky here)

That's all :)

On a side note, I was sitting on my porch in Phx this afternoon, reading the Word and taking in the rain and read this...

"Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit" -- yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills we will live and do this or that.' As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil."

All that to say, if God so wills, maybe a few of these items will come to pass :D

Oh, and last thing! After today, I am convinced that the rain will come in our lives, and it will go, and when it does, it will leave behind piercing clarity and the hope of a bow -- a testimony of the Faithful one. Hold fast, the storm will one day cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment