Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hi hi.


(here's a throw back pic that I just found from Kev's White Coat Ceremony :)

I don't really have anything important to say... so maybe I shouldn't say anything at all?

I guess I'm just content and I am realizing that more and more each day. I feel like God has supplied me with uber loads of contentment right now. My heart feels a-glow and that hasn't always been the case.

I bought a new book yesterday that I'm excited to start! It's called The Art of Discipleship (it's taken me 3 days to get the spelling right on that word!) and it is wonderful. It covers the Sermon on the Mount and in the beginning, it prefaces with a few words on cheap grace.



Lately, I've been feeling like grace is cheap in our culture today. I feel like God's love is too, not to mention Jesus' death. It's as if we are sending people the message that they can go on living the way they want and just use Jesus as their glorified safety blanket. It's been bugging me and to that I say a life for a life. Don't get me wrong, I rejoice over God's love and grace and am thankful for Jesus' death, but I believe that that which cost God much cannot be cheap to us. I believe Jesus' words when He says "he who is willing to lose his life, for my sake, will find it." I believe that this grace, HIS COSTLY GRACE is liberating, but that it comes -only- once I have given up my life for HIS sake. It's the beautiful exchange. How great is our God?

Moving on, my goal for this semester is to memorize the Sermon on the Mount and I'm hoping to wrangle up a few MacKay girls to join me!

School starts on Monday and I am excited. I move back to Phx on Sunday and couldn't be more thrilled to be with the MacKays! They have truly been family to me and without their daily presence in my life this summer, I've developed a gaping void. Mainly, I just miss Kiley's hilarious stories, dance time with Brynn, Drew's daily motivation for me to do something productive with my life and Noah's reminder of what childlike faith looks like. I also miss Mrs. Mac's wisdom -- she also knows just what to say, and isn't afraid to say it either! and let's not forget the daily side stitches from Mr. Mac's jokes. 4 more days and I really can't wait :)

Mmk, I think I'm done. I was just reflecting on God' goodness in my life today and thought that I would share.


(I miss this face)

1 comment:

  1. The Sermon on the Mount is one of my absolute favorite sections of scripture, although I'm reading 1John right now and really loving that too... His love is so costly and extravagant, isn't it?!?!? Whenever I dwell on that, I'm always moved to respond in a 100% dare I say, extravagent (in human terms at least) way back to Him. I'd love to hear what you think of your new book! :)

    ReplyDelete