Wednesday, November 10, 2010

To dream and to love.

Stir in my soul

dreams as big as the love You offer,

for even the impossible dream is too small

for those You have created in your image.

Let me see through the impostors that knock forever

at the door of my soul, promising what only You can give.

Replace my small dreams with Your invitation.

-John Kirvan

To love at all is to be vulnerable.

Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken.

If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no

one, not even an animal.

Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entaglements;

lock it up safe in a casket or coffin of your selfishness.

But in that casket - safe, dark, motionless, airless- it will change.

It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.

-C.S. Lewis

I am learning to love this week. I am seeking out answers to dreams I have been holding and coming to divine conclusions. Great is God. Worthy is He to be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment