Friday, April 29, 2011

The world is my oyster... Or is it?


*The 50 that I love*

There is a precious lady in my nursing program. Many, actually. But one in particular is sweet enough to ask me about my plans on a weekly basis. She is married and has a child. She enjoys asking me about my plans, about my next step, because the prospect of being able to go anywhere and do anything is exciting to her. It is exciting to me too.

In the past, she has smiled and said "Girl, the whole world is your oyster". Historically, I have smiled and said something to the affect of "Yeah, I feel that way!"

On Wednesday, I was walking the streets of Phoenix, sleep deprived and mentally drained (and it was only 9:30am), and had a divine revelation.

I don't want the oyster.

I don't want anything that the oyster has to offer.

I want the pearl.

Jesus told a story about that. He said that the kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought the field.

Again, He said, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

This week, I realized what I want. I know what I have to give to get it, but may it be my forever joy to lose myself and gain more of my King.


*Leah, Jessica, Christina, Adrienne, Elena and Sam*

*Andrew and Lisa*

*Sam, Michael, Adrienne, Elena, Mike*

*James!*

*Mike*

*D8: Sam, Andrew, Elena, Adrienne, Michael, Joleen, Carolina and Lisa! <3*

No comments:

Post a Comment