Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh but I can't....


I cannot

.Walk in a straight line.
.Shower without singing.
.Bake without tasting the batter.
.Sleep without my ears being covered.
.Study without cleaning.
.Drink green tea with sugar (yuck).
.Yawn without my glottis making a funny noise.
.Have two productive conversations at once.
.Happily wear makeup more than three times a week.

But I can

.Sing for joy in the Shadow of his wings.
.Cling to him, who upholds me with his right hand.
.Seek him earnestly and thirst for him, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

And I can love.

I know what I am capable of when it comes to love. I want my love to always be liberating. I know that I do not want my love to be manipulative, contingent on how I am feeling or who I am loving. I want to love recklessly; in the same way Jesus has loved me. It does not make sense, but it can truly set you free.

Someday, I would like to find a person to permanently commit my love to. My greatest challenge yet, I want to accept him right where he's at and let my love abolish his insecurities. Someday, I want to let go and let in and wholly love... Just like Jesus.

Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.

Come, my Lord, no longer tarry,
Take my ransomed soul away;
Send thine angels now to carry
Me to realms of endless day.

{heart}
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment